Monday, February 16, 2009

The first of many...maybe

This is my first blog. Just typing that makes me feel like I'm in highschool. Bet I'm not the first to venture out in to this wilderness feeling this way. I have had friends tell me that I should do this. Why? Maybe they got sick of reading my posts on face book and myspace. Or, maybe some of them actually think I have something to say. Or, maybe they are just humoring me and stroking my ego becasue they are twisted. I really have no idea why anyone would want me to do this. I have been putting it off for awhile. Why? For the same reason I stopped trying to keep a journal. I have never been able to commit write something everyday. On several occasions I have bought note books....there is something enticing about a blank note book. Especially one that has a hard cover and no lines. I used to do "spoken word" back in the middle 90's...when I thought myself some sort of modern beatnik/poet, in retrosepct most of it wasn't very good. I would carry around one of those black, hardcover sketch books. OH man but they are sexy though....the promise of deep thoughts just bounding onto the page....all my genius....a future book, song, poem,painting... But the 'genius' never seemed to materialize. I would keep it up for maybe two, three days tops and it would go forgotten in to plastic milk crate FILLED with empty note books, some not even half filled which I still have to this day. I have carried that damn thing around with me since 1991! I moved literally twenty fucking times since 1991.

I like this because I wont feel the need beat my self up if I don't do it every day. Lets call it guilt free journaling.

So this is an attempt to..well, I'm not sure what this is yet.

Mostly my friends will read this. Unless they get bored with me spouting off at the mouth...I know girl friend does and I can't say that I blame her. Thank GOD she loves me.
Look, feel free to call 'bullshit' if you think you see it here. Just please lets not turn this into some Internet back and forth thing. I have had a tendency in the past,the not so distant past as a matter of fact, to get into these heated debates on line, usually about politics or social issues. I am trying not to do that anymore....I have no problem with good old fashioned debate. But please, lets keep it civil. And if we can't agree, we will agree to disagree and part as friends.

So here goes. If you have anything that you want to ask, if there are any topics you think I should write about..because lets face it, we write these damn things to be read...then by all means let me know. I may not write about it. But I promise that I will consider it and at the very least say hello.
OK. So here we go. More soon. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Joshua B.

    I totally relate to your experience with the notebooks and attempts to keep journals! My years, my journals turn into sketchbooks and my sketchbooks become scribble pads and scrapbooks. As you may have seen, my Lone Oak blog has become a poetry journal, not that I have any merit as a poet but because my Muse has become extremely terse and since my transplant last June, I can't seem to stop writing poems.

    Who reads them? Well, almost no one, so I find myself whistling in an empty auditorium. Ah well... As a fellow small-time blogger, I like what I see here, and will bookmark you for further visits.

    ReplyDelete